
Tomorrow at 11:30am I am south bound with Luck to the small town of Atlanta! The Rascal Flatts and Darius Rucker concert with friends is awaiting us tomorrow night! I have recently been told that I can never sit still on the weekend – well, it may be true, but when else in my life will I get to wake up on a Wednesday and decide that I want to go to Atlanta for the weekend with Friends at the last minute! The only thing I have holding me back is myself so tomorrow I will have the wind in my hair southbound on 85!
Thanks to our “group organizer” Kenyon, those of us participating in the concert activities received the following email today! Not sure if everyone will find this comical but if you know Kenyon – it’s only a precursor to how the rest of the weekend looks! Ridiculously fabulous!
Subject: Die Hard Hootie Fans
For those who jump head first into awesomeness and others who are stupidly
sit on the fence (and Jillian because I would never leave her out),
The "Guys in Jorts" summer tour will once again be crashing an Atlanta
summer concert event. If you haven't seen our show yet you can be sure to
expect lots of man thighs and situational flirting. If flirting isn't
something you're interested in I suggest taking it easy on the sour apple
Smirnoff Ice. Before I get started with some logistics I'd like to thank
Darius Rucker (formerly Hootie of Hootie & the Blowfish for those that are
musically challenged) and Rascal Flatts for dropping this little gem into
our laps. I'd also like to give props to Clayton for forwarding his
Ticketmaster pre-sale alert to me back in March (you can never be too
prepared for a July concert). Little did he know I was forwarding my
pre-sale alert to him at the exact same time, which is so cool that our
emails high fived as they crossed each other in cyberspace.
I'll keep this short so I don't dilute the logistics with one
liners.......which I'm sure Clayton will have coming in his reply, so here
we go.
Concert starts promptly at 8:00 PM. That means yours truly wants to be
into the venue and well established on the lawn in between at least 2
groups of highschoolers by 7:45 at the latest.
Meetup: We're planning on meeting up at Matt's (plenty or road parking)
and leaving his place no later than 4:00pm. His address is 370 Alberta
Terrace NE, Atlanta, GA 30305. Yes, a 4:00 pm leave time may be aggressive
to some people, but think about it this way, Josh Champion, being the
animal that he is, suggested we head down to the venue to tailgate at 2:30.
We're going to hit traffic no matter what, so leaving by 4 will still give
us plenty of time if it takes us an hour to get down there or if any other
unknown variables come into play. If 2 hours of tailgating scares anyone
(ie. Clayton) and they think they'll drink too much before the concert then
I recommend you seek some professional help on how to exercise some
personal self control.
Transportation: I'll be taking the murder wagon down to the venue, fits 6
comfortably and 7 if you want to get to know each other better. Let me know
if you're meeting us at Matt's before we head down so we can plan how many
other cars we'll need, my thought is at least 1. We'll have a buddy system
to go pick up the cars in the morning as I plan on taking a cab back unless
someone volunteers to drive my car home.
Food: Since we're leaving at 4:00, and nobody should be subjected to
paying $15 dollars for a hot dog in the venue, I suggest we all maybe bring
something to eat to the tailgate. My personal choice is going to be a
hearty sub from my local Publix. Preston said something about bringing his
dip. Not sure if that was intended to be sexual or if he was actually
bringing food. Any other suggestions are welcome.
Beverage: Adult beverages are not frowned upon in the Lakewood parking
lots. I have a small cooler that will hold about a case and a bag of ice.
I suggest BYO liquor/beer/wine/squirt gun shooters and have a plan for
keeping them cold. I suggest picking a buddy and sharing a cooler, or
share with multiple friends if you have a big cooler. With 6 people in my
car we're not going to have a lot of room for coolers, but if we split off
into a couple cars we'll have a lot more room for party favors.
Wine em, Dine em,
Jenny From the Block
For those who jump head first into awesomeness and others who are stupidly
sit on the fence (and Jillian because I would never leave her out),
The "Guys in Jorts" summer tour will once again be crashing an Atlanta
summer concert event. If you haven't seen our show yet you can be sure to
expect lots of man thighs and situational flirting. If flirting isn't
something you're interested in I suggest taking it easy on the sour apple
Smirnoff Ice. Before I get started with some logistics I'd like to thank
Darius Rucker (formerly Hootie of Hootie & the Blowfish for those that are
musically challenged) and Rascal Flatts for dropping this little gem into
our laps. I'd also like to give props to Clayton for forwarding his
Ticketmaster pre-sale alert to me back in March (you can never be too
prepared for a July concert). Little did he know I was forwarding my
pre-sale alert to him at the exact same time, which is so cool that our
emails high fived as they crossed each other in cyberspace.
I'll keep this short so I don't dilute the logistics with one
liners.......which I'm sure Clayton will have coming in his reply, so here
we go.
Concert starts promptly at 8:00 PM. That means yours truly wants to be
into the venue and well established on the lawn in between at least 2
groups of highschoolers by 7:45 at the latest.
Meetup: We're planning on meeting up at Matt's (plenty or road parking)
and leaving his place no later than 4:00pm. His address is 370 Alberta
Terrace NE, Atlanta, GA 30305. Yes, a 4:00 pm leave time may be aggressive
to some people, but think about it this way, Josh Champion, being the
animal that he is, suggested we head down to the venue to tailgate at 2:30.
We're going to hit traffic no matter what, so leaving by 4 will still give
us plenty of time if it takes us an hour to get down there or if any other
unknown variables come into play. If 2 hours of tailgating scares anyone
(ie. Clayton) and they think they'll drink too much before the concert then
I recommend you seek some professional help on how to exercise some
personal self control.
Transportation: I'll be taking the murder wagon down to the venue, fits 6
comfortably and 7 if you want to get to know each other better. Let me know
if you're meeting us at Matt's before we head down so we can plan how many
other cars we'll need, my thought is at least 1. We'll have a buddy system
to go pick up the cars in the morning as I plan on taking a cab back unless
someone volunteers to drive my car home.
Food: Since we're leaving at 4:00, and nobody should be subjected to
paying $15 dollars for a hot dog in the venue, I suggest we all maybe bring
something to eat to the tailgate. My personal choice is going to be a
hearty sub from my local Publix. Preston said something about bringing his
dip. Not sure if that was intended to be sexual or if he was actually
bringing food. Any other suggestions are welcome.
Beverage: Adult beverages are not frowned upon in the Lakewood parking
lots. I have a small cooler that will hold about a case and a bag of ice.
I suggest BYO liquor/beer/wine/squirt gun shooters and have a plan for
keeping them cold. I suggest picking a buddy and sharing a cooler, or
share with multiple friends if you have a big cooler. With 6 people in my
car we're not going to have a lot of room for coolers, but if we split off
into a couple cars we'll have a lot more room for party favors.
Wine em, Dine em,
Jenny From the Block
AKA: Ryan Kenyon
ATL here I come!
ATL here I come!


No comments:
Post a Comment