Thursday, July 2, 2009

G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S


Resnick, I am ready !

I am beaming from ear to ear right now. I don’t care that I stayed up too late last night and only got 4 ½ hours of sleep. I don’t care that I am starving right now because my English muffin that was consumed at 4am is long gone. I don’t care that I didn’t wash my hair and it’s pulled back like a 5th grader. I don’t care that these heals hurt my feet, that I am drinking a cold cup of tea, and I’m rocking the “natural glow” instead of makeup. I don’t care because in “T minus five hours” I am out of Charlotte and headed to Wilmington for the 4th of July! I am on my way with Laura to stay at LJ’s for a weekend of some fun in the sun with friends! (Megan, don’t forget to pick up your thong bikini from the dry cleaners!) Thanks to facebook, I am also excited to hopefully see Lee Lee, KT Weeg, Landon, Steve-O, Lauren Baker and Amy S. as they too will be vacationing it by the beach for my favorite holiday!

With my slight A.D.D. that I have going on right now, I ran across two things that I just had to share:

1. New Tourist Attraction:
“The Ledge” has been added to the 103rd floor of the Sears Tower in Chicago. The new tourist attraction is made up of four glass-bottomed balconies each comprised of three layers of half-inch-thick glass. They are designed to hold about five tons! The inspiration for The Ledge came from hundreds of forehead prints visitors left behind on Skydeck windows every week. These balconies are suspended 1,353 feet in the air and jut out four feet from the building. The new attraction gives visitors the feeling they are floating over the city! Could you walk out on it?!
The balconies are just one of the big changes coming to the Sears Tower. The building’s name will change to Willis Tower later this summer.
click on these pics to see them better!


2. The Sweetest Letter:

Now this is what marriage should be about. I pulled this entry from another blog that I like to follow. It will simply melt your heart. (Thanks Sharon for sharing!)

The letter I will never forget
well, by this time, as you read this letter, we have already talked. "the talk" has already taken place. the same talk that i've thought and dreamed about for years. the talk that has haunted me, but at the same time shined bright in my heart for as long as i can remember. the talk that i sit and tremble for...lay and pray for...and smile and breath for. it's one of the biggest moments i'll ever have. it's incredible, beautiful, yet petrifying. the talk, i knew, would be a memory, always, in my heart...and it's already taken place. but now i sit, i stare, with a tremble - ever so slight. important, the only way, however it may be. smile, cry, or laugh? jump, sit, or walk? talk, pray or dream? what do i do?...except wait. peggy, what has happened has been one of the most important things in my life. i have dreamed about this day forever. since i can remember, i've wondered about this day. should i call you or surprise you? no answer would come to me. all i know is that i have loved your daughter since the very day i met her. i mean that literally and my life has changed because of her. there has never been a question if she was the one, only when? i cannot live without your beautiful, stunning, intelligent, all-heart daughter. she is the greatest person i've ever known. when the day comes, i will never leave her side. she is as much a part of me as my own heart. together, through life, we will walk. i pray for your blessing as i finish this letter. into this consideration is also a mother whom i love with all my heart. without you, this is not complete. without you, it will not be. allow me to lead your daughter, with jesus christ as our guide, through the remainder of our lives and forever. with love, ryan
last week, my mom was at my house and pulled this folded up letter out of her purse. she asked me if i remembered what it was and i told her i had never seen it before. her mouth dropped open and she said she couldn't believe she had never shown it to me. i was, after all, only 19 years old when it was written. she told me to sit down and read it aloud and as i did my eyes filled up with tears and i struggled to get the words out. this letter was given to my mom by ryan when he asked her for my hand in marriage. when i think about how young we were, i am amazed at how mature his words were. yet, at the same time, it assures me all these years later that he is my soulmate and that he was handpicked by god for me to love & live my life with. being a wedding photographer is a constant reminder to me of just how sacred marriage is. it's not about the flowers, the cake, the food or how elaborate the reception details are. a wedding is your chance to shout to the world that you have found the one your heart belongs with, the one who you can sing off-tune with, the one who can hold you close when everything else is falling down around you. marriage is more than vows, more than rings, more than i do's. marriage is about asking god for the strength to be committed in a way that isn't popular. it's about putting in effort & not expecting things to be easy. it's about cheering each other on, making each other laugh & crying together. in the midst of my own fairy tale, this letter is a reminder to me about what true love is. and happily ever after has more meaning to me because i have been given eight years with the man i truly adore.

Is that not the sweetest thing you have ever read!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY FRIENDS!

HAVE A WONDERFUL LONG WEEKEND!



No comments: