


Several things today made me SO appreciate where I am in life and where I could have been if things would have turned out had I taken a different route four months ago. Like Garth said, “Some of God’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.” It’s the simple truth. Sometimes what we think we want is completely not the right thing for us, but we don’t know until God shows us another path. I can say right now that if I were to have followed that path I was down several months ago I would be MISERABLE living that life. I would have continued to have the feeling like I was closed up tight in a box like I had been for almost a year, fulfilling others dreams and not chasing my own. I have met more people, genuine people, in the past several months then I have since moving to Charlotte. What was becoming of my life in most of 2008 was not making me a better person; what was conspiring was making me a closed off person not living for myself. I don’t want to be selfish but I am more motivated now by the people in my life to be me and fully fulfill my dreams than ever before. I heart my friends!Speaking of hearting my friends – today is technically my Friday!!! I am off tomorrow morning, headed back to K-ville for Sharon and Barker’s wedding! YEA! I am more than excited for this weekend and more than excited for Sharon and Sean to become husband and wife! Follow-up wedding details to come on Monday with hopefully some pictures! Monday might be a long post!
Bon Voyage


No comments:
Post a Comment