Thursday, August 27, 2009

" I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends"

"What would you do if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends"

Honestly, it’s been one of those weekends/weeks. I don’t know what has been wrong with me but I have been in a really funny mood lately. This past weekend, even though I had a girl’s night at the movies on Friday, hung out by the pool all day Saturday and went out with friends Saturday night, and.. hung out with Dustin all day Sunday….I honestly felt slightly lonely (geeze, that’s hard to admit) But, I don’t know why. How could I be lonely when I was surrounded by people ALL weekend? Who knows.

School started this week and work has just been work but, I have to snap out of it. I want things I can’t have and I think that is my problem. Kind of like the blog post I posted two weeks ago where I found myself wishing away time so that I could be at a certain place in life…well now I am finding myself wishing I had things I can’t have because of circumstances out of my control and it’s really getting me down. I want a relationship I can’t have but have no clue where it’s going or really what it is because of stupid geography. I want a job I can’t have because I can’t afford to stop the one I have now in order to go back to school full time. Therefore I am having to take my happy sweet time and work on it slowly but surely from one semester to the next. I want all my friends to live in Charlotte. Even though I do have good friends here, I don’t have anything quite like the support system I had at home or in Raleigh. I have my girls here who I can depend on and love 100%, but I am being selfish and I want ALL my girls here. (I know. I can get over this one; you don’t have to tell me because this is never going to happen….but again, I can always want.) I want more hours in a day but I can’t have that either. On the way to work this morning I heard the song “Don’t Blink” by Kenny Chesney and it made me mad that the days go by so quick. I feel like I go to work, come home, do homework, go to the gym etc. etc. But what am I doing to make a difference in the world? What am I doing to help someone else? I want to see my family but I have this, this and this to do this weekend. I need more hours in a day to do everything I want to do!

I think I have just diagnosed my mood this week. I want things I can’t have. I want a relationship, I want my happy career, I want my friends and family, and I want time…but no matter what I do, these are all out of my control to a certain extent and it really just stinks.

Several months ago I booked a flight out of Charlotte. It was on a whim; just a thought at the time while sitting at work. But, this flight could not have more of a reason now that this week has finally approached. I booked a flight to D.C. to visit one person that means more to me then she even knows. I leave today at 5 for a weekend with her that I already know is going to be more than I could ask for!

Lauren and I have been friends since pre-school and she has always been by my side. She is who I need now to pull me out of my funny mood and honestly, I think only her and D.C. are the cure for this diagnosis! Lauren is such an amazing and genuine friend that even though we live 400 miles from each other, distance doesn’t change a thing.

Today is technically my Friday and my hands are trembling right now in anticipation to get up to DC and spend the weekend with my fabulous Homey G Funk! We pretty much have the whole weekend planned (shocker I know, Lauren and I already have things planned?! Ha ha surprise surprise!) This mini-vacay is coming at such the perfect time and I can’t wait to spend the entire time with Muse!

As I was packing last night and having my own therapy session with myself as the doctor, trying to diagnose myself with what I just did in two seconds above as I let my fingers on a keyboard explain my head, I came across one conclusion:

Sometimes, you just need to stop. Stop nagging, stop asking, and stop whining. Just stop. Leave the issue with the Lord. Sometimes being pushy just prolongs the process. Act only when all signs point to readiness and quit worrying.

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him. Psalm 37:7a

Happy “my Friday” Friends!

I will leave you with several pics of the D.C. visit with Lauren last year! Get excited Washington, here I come!

(click on each picture to make them larger)

A note from the Author: Two posts today.. and sorry that this one was so long, but...I just had to share with you the one below as well; I couldn't resist! Enjoy!

No comments: