Tuesday, August 25, 2009

In My Opinion.....

I hate physically going to the mall unless I am shopping for nothing in particular. I also like to shop when I have endless hours to wonder aimlessly. Therefore, lately I have turned my focus to online shopping. For Sharon’s wedding, I wanted a new dress to wear to her bridal luncheon, a new one for the rehearsal dinner and a new one for the wedding (I know a little much, but please notice I said "want" not "need"!) . Three dresses to find at the mall, not going to happen, especially on a budget and a little time constraint. BlueFly.com and Overstock.com came to my rescue! Three fabulous dresses and a little bit of altering – BINGO!

Leann’s DVD player broke the other day so I decided that I would replace it. It was a Wednesday afternoon and there was zero free time in the future to shop around. I went online to Best Buy, picked out a DVD player, placed my order to be picked up at the closest store, and ran by that afternoon and scooped my purchase.

I needed new sheets. I was using old ones from home that just were not making the cut anymore. (Plus the yellow and purple flowers paired with my white furniture made my room look even more like a child’s nursery!) Again, I made this decision on a random Tuesday afternoon. I was impatient to actually go to the store and look, so I went online to Target.com and ordered a new set. (I think a lot of my online purchases come from a lack of patience to look around!)

As I was making up my bed this morning, all I could think about was how much I loved my new sheets! 700 thread count is like a mini heaven! What made my buy these sheets? The reviews online! Everything I buy online I buy because of a solid review from previous buyers. I have heard the rumors saying that many of the online reviews are fake, written by someone that produces the product. But let’s be serious, if the product had one star and five bad reviews, you wouldn’t buy it. I know I wouldn’t. It’s funny though, out of all the items I buy online, I have never reviewed a single purchase! I want to start; I want to help people make easier decisions – especially if it is something that I truly love and believe in…like my sheets! I want my opinion to be heard (shocker, I know!)

No comments: