Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ouch...


Why do we do it? Honestly. I can’t even stand up right now. No matter how bad I have to go, I don’t even want to walk to the bathroom. They are red. They hurt. It’s not fair.
Cute shoes. That is what I am talking about. I feel pretty, sexy, hot when I wear cute heels to work. I feel professional and surprisingly more intelligent! But crap.

Yesterday I wore my pretty red heels with a cute little dress. Some of the guys I worked with wanted to go out to lunch so I decided to make the trip. Two blocks away from our building they finally decide we are going to go to LoLa’s in the AT&T building. If you are not familiar with downtown Charlotte let me just tell you that LoLa’s is a good 4 blocks over and 8 blocks down. Not only is it a long walk, but it is 90 degrees outside. Therefore, 4 blocks over and 1 block down my feet are starting to rub. I slow the group down as I am trying to walk on my tip toes to avoid the motion of my feel going in and out of the peep toe of my shoe. Not working. I grit my teeth and bare it. But, the only thing I can think of is “I have to walk back. Ugh” I left work yesterday with four band-aids attached to both the outside and inside of the front of each foot.

Today, I wore my shiny Jessica Simpson black pumps – looove them, especially since I got them on sale!... Plus, they went great with my pink silk shirt and black pants. Aaron emailed me this morning and wanted to go to lunch! I responded with a yes and let him choose the location. Bad Idea. He chose Nix Burger Bar. I love that place but…it is 10 blocks over and 2 blocks up. Ugh, not again. So out the door I headed in the 90 degree weather, feet heating up every step I took. The blisters from yesterday were back and they were growing brothers and sisters with every step. And again, all I could think was “I have to walk back, crap.”

When lunch was over, I started the journey back to the Duke “Jail” that I call home five days a week. I swear while we were in Nix the temperature rose 10 degrees in 45 minutes because my feet were sweating this time (I know that’s gross but I am not going to lie.) The “brother and sister” blisters I had before started having twins and I have never been so miserable in my life. Every inch of my foot that touched my shoe felt like someone was holding a lighter on top of it.

On yeah, and not only were my feet hurting, but I was “adjusting” my walk so not to make too many movements in my shoe . . . and . . . as I was in front of Jimmy John’s Subs, concentrating hard on the task at hand, I literally walked right out of my shoe - Actually walked five steps out of it as I left my little Jessica Simpson back on the sidewalk. It wasn’t a horrible move though because a very nice AND nice looking young man in a black pin stripe suite with royal blue shirt and shaggy brown hair picked my shoe up and brought it to me! – What a way to make friends!

Therefore, besides making cute friends on the sidewalk and looking hot in peep toed shoes in the summer…why in the world do we beat ourselves up like this? I look like I just got done running from China to Africa barefoot! Ouch.

No comments: